This adventure is for the adrenaline junkie, with a huge dose of adventure and excitement. We leave the hotel early and travel a route with spectacular views of the nearby mountains, small villages, beautiful farmland etc..lots to see along the way.
- Ranch Capote: we arrive at this lovely ranch which is our home base for the day, a beautiful ranch set on a hill in the wilds of the country with wonderful hosts and surrounded by a beautiful jungle.
- Breakfast: our wonderful hosts will serve a traditional Dominican breakfast, a rare treat as breakfast is not served on most excursions, very delicious and filling. After breakfast, we collect our gear and prepare for our exciting adventure: harness, helmet with light and rubber shoes are provided (towel should be taken along).
- Horseback Riding: we mount up and embark on our adventure with approx. 40 minutes of horseback riding through the wild and lush tropical jungle, the sights and sounds of nature surrounding us, until we arrive at the entrance to the cave.
- Rappelling: under the watchful eye of a qualified guide, and with full equipment, we will rappel down 18 meters (60 feet), into the Fun Fun Cave!
- Cave Exploration: after rappelling down, we begin our 2km. (1.25 miles) of cave exploration, there are wonderful surprises and spectacular things to see in this wild underground cave, including large underground pools and a rushing river!!
- Horseback riding: at the exit of the cave we once again go horseback riding through the wilderness and back to our ranch, this is approximately a 20 minute ride.
- Dinner and Open Bar: a full traditional chicken or pork dinner, and the open bar includes rum, coke cola, sprite & water.
**Important information as follows:
- must be prepared to rappel down 18 meters (60 feet), this is not difficult, you are wearing proper gear and are with an experienced guide.
- must be able to briefly hold your breath, to go underwater and a ledge, coming up on the other side, (this isn’t difficult at all, but not suitable for anyone who is claustrophobic)
- must be physically able to navigate uneven ground, 2km (1.25 mile) hike inside the cave.
- wear normal clothes, (recommend bathing suit be worn under your clothes)
- Equipment for rappelling and cave provided and must be worn: helmet, protective fabric 1-piece suit (worn over clothes or bathing suit), harness and rubber footwear (over your sneakers)
- sneakers and socks (NOT flip flops) must be worn, (clothing and footwear will get wet in the cave).
- For your comfort, please bring a change of clothes, which you may leave at our ranch.
**Please contact us with any questions you may have.
Price $155 ($35 in advance) – Full Day, 10 hours approx.
**Minimum age – 10 yrs old