This adventure is for travel enthusiasts, globetrotters, photographers and anyone who wants to explore the wild nature of the Dominican Republic. We travel along a route with marvelous views of the mountains, small villages, fascinating vegetation and more.
**There are 2 different ports and which one we depart from, will depend on the weather, you will return back to the same port
**We visit ALL of the places listed below, regardless of which port we depart from.
- Coffee & Snack: We will stop along the way to the port, for coffee and a snack, empanadas are a popular local snack and you will get to try them.
- Sabana de la Mar Port: To depart from this port we will travel into Los Haiteses National Park to the dock. This is a very beautiful and famous park that many tourists visit annually.
- OR Miches Port: Miches area is another famous and sought after destination by many tourists and locals, with great mountain views and beauty all around.
- Speed Boat or Catamaran: We board our boat and cruise through the wonderful mangrove forests overgrown with lianas. These mangrove forests are home to over 100 species of birds, among them are pelicans, ibis birds, frigate birds and parrots. We continue cruising alongside the coastline hills, small islands (keys, called cavos in spanish) and huge limestone formations (mogotes), towering up from the water, amazing, have those cameras ready!
- Bacardi Island: (cayo Lavantado), this is the famous island where the filming of the television commercial for Bacardi Rum took place. We will disembark on the island and be served drinks at this famous paradise.
- Arena Grotte Cave and Linea Cave: We stop at both of these caves to see the very ancient and authentic inscriptions and sculptures of the Taino Indians. The Tainos inhabited the Dominican Republic before Christopher Columbus discovered it in 1492, and we are privileged to be able to see this ancient site.
- Samana Port: After the 2 caves, we sail 20 minutes to the other side of the gulf, on the way there, you will have breathtaking views of wild beaches and uninhabited coastlines.
- Safari Truck to Ranch: Our open Safari style truck will transport us 25km (15.5 miles) through the gorgeous Samana area to our ranch.
- Horseback Riding: From the ranch, we will horseback ride 30 minutes and then a 10 minute walk, through the mountains, by a crystal clear river and through the lush, wild jungle to reach one of the tallest waterfalls in the Caribbean!!
- El Limon Waterfall: This famous waterfall is 165 feet (50 meters) of cascading water off the majestic mountain, an incredible experience. We will spend 30 minutes here, you may swim in its fresh cool waters, capture stunning photos, relax and do as you wish.
- Horseback Riding: Again we walk 10 minutes back to the horses and then ride our horses back to our ranch, another great opportunity to take some beautiful photos along the way.
- Dinner, Open Bar & Coffee: We will relax for awhile at our ranch and be served a delicious traditional dinner, your choice of pork or chicken dinner. The open bar features local rum, coke cola, sprite, water and authentic dominican coffee.
- Safari truck & Boat: Our safari truck will take us back to the port of Samana, and our boat will take us to the port you came from, either Sabana de La Mar or Miches, from which, we will make our way to your resort or hotel.
**Cold beverages: local rum, coke cola, sprite and water are included and available to you throughout this entire excursion, please don’t hesitate, ask us anytime you’d like a drink!!
**Please contact us with any questions you may have.