The locals say you haven’t truly experienced the Dominican Republic until you have sailed to Saona and enjoyed our heaven on earth. The true beauty of Caribbean nature, gorgeous coastlines and exquisite tranquil beaches are all awaiting you on this very special excursion.
- We begin by travelling the countryside in an open safari style truck, passing by expansive sugar plantations, sprawing farmland with african descended cattle, typical homes and mountains in the distance.
- Altos de Chavon: this small town was built from coral stone, to mimic the Mediterranean architecture of the 16th century. As we wander through the narrow streets of the town, we will visit the St Stanislaw Kostka church with its extraordinary architecture and the Greek amphitheater, you will feel as though you have stepped back in time, to another world.
- Speed Boat or Catamaran: Once we arrive in Bayahibe fishing village, nestled in a picturesque bay, we will step aboard our vessel and sail away to paradise!
- Piscina Natural: (Natural Pool) which is the largest of its kind in the Caribbean, with amazing clear turquoise waters, far from the shoreline and an opportunity to see many large red starfish. We will get out of the boat (you are able to stand in the shallow water) with time to relax, swim, take photos, while also being served delicious fresh fruit, rum, beer, soft drinks and water.
- Saona Island: after a 20 minute sail, we will arrive in heaven on earth, at one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. We will spend 2.5 hours here, you will have time to eat, drink, swim, relax, take photos and go for a walk in this magical, tropical wilderness, spend your time as you desire.
- Open bar and Lunch: on the island, **(open bar includes beer, rum, coke cola, sprite & water), Lunch is a full traditional chicken or pork dinner, buffet style **(fish or lobster available at extra cost).
- Speed Boat or Catamaran: We finish this perfect, fun day with our sail back to Bayahibe fishing village and then back to your resort/hotel, at approximately 8pm.
** We use 2 boat types for our sail to the island, a motorized sailing catamaran and a speedboat, you will experience 1 boat going TO Saona Island and the other boat returning FROM Saona Island.
** We recommend bringing a towel, hat, sunscreen and cash to purchase souvenirs if you wish (cards are not widely accepted or used).
**Please contact us with any questions you may have.